Tuesday, December 02, 2008

cluelessness

I read an article
about openID
which mentions change.gov
which uses openID
so I google openID
and go there
and it says that if I use blogspot
I already have an openID
so I go back to change.gov
and try to use addisonramblings.blogspot.com
and my password
to log on
which doesn't work
because presumably
I am missing some character
or perhaps a frame of mind
which might make it work
and more
I have forgotten
whatever it was that I was doing in the first place
which might have been nothing

1 Comments:

Blogger theCrab said...

or because ubiquitous secure sign-on is such a cracked out idea that it never gets implemented properly.

because why would you want to authenticate once and then let the machines automagically sign you in everywhere. it more or less defeats the idea of security if you remove the human actor from the equation.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home